Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Care of Magical Creatures


Well, as a first year I'm not required to take Care of Magical Creatures at all but I didn't think there would be any harm whatsoever in reading up on our school books anway. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is quite the interesting read but I much prefer "The Monster Book of Monsters" as it's so much more, um...engaging. I do rather enjoy a good book so while I was in Flourish & Blotts I decided to pick up a couple of extra books. I would like to recommend "How to Live With A Unicorn" and "The Monster Hunter's Handbook" for a bit of light reading, although I must say that "The Monster Hunter's Handbook" is much more informative. I am ever so fascinated by the Phoenix. It seems the most helpful magical creature of all but I am also quite fond of the Leprechaun, as I am Irish myself.


No comments: